Teaching the Children Well- 5 Reasons Music in the Classroom is Important
5 Reasons music in the classroom is important – Music is a powerful tool- it makes us move, plays with your heartstrings, and connects people. Ultimately, you love music because it simply makes you feel good, and just like how the music you grew up with is dear to you, the music your children grow up around can be as well. We here at Audioengine believe that music is a fundamental foundation for children as well as young adults. Here are five reasons why music in the classroom is a necessary part of your child’s education:
- Music brings technology into the classroom. Children today are growing up in an ever-growing tech-driven world, and schools that embrace technology can help cultivate greater student success. The United States Department of Education has claimed that technology in the classroom “ushers in fundamental structural changes that can be integral to achieving significant improvements in productivity.”
- Music helps with concentration. Speakers are an essential tool that teachers can utilize to motivate their students to be productive. For example, playing calm music in the classroom can reduce classroom distractions and helps students stay motivated to complete their classwork.
- Music increases happiness and lowers stress. Research has found that listening to your favorite music triggers the release of dopamine in your brain, which causes you to feel emotions such as excitement and joy. While dopamine elevates your mood, music also lowers cortisol in the body, which can result in lower stress levels.
- Music facilitates creativity. Listening to music engages the creative side of the brain and studies have found that music can promote more divergent thinking in students. In younger students, it can enrich their desire to explore and to play.
- Music inspires. Music has been inspiring people for centuries. Some of the world’s most brilliant minds have had an obsession with music. For example, the famous German composer Ludwig van Beethoven was inspired to continue writing music, despite the loss of his hearing. Music in the classroom is an excellent way to inspire them to explore their mind, their emotions, and the world around them.