HD6 Troubleshooting Tips
Front panel power indicator is not illuminated.
• Verify that the AC power cord is firmly connected to the HD6 rear panel and to an AC power outlet.
• Check that the AC power outlet is supplying power.
• Verify that the rear panel power switch is in the ON position.
• Be sure voltage selector switch on the rear panel matches the operating voltage in your area.
• Check the fuse in the rear panel. If the fuse needs to be replaced it is important to replace with same fuse type and value.
Front panel indicator light is on solid, but no sound.
• Verify that the HD6 and your source components are all powered on and the volume levels are not set to minimum.
• Be sure the HD6 is not in MUTE or SLEEP mode (front panel indicator light flashing)
• Check cables to and from your audio sources to make sure they are working and firmly connected at both ends.
The volume output level from HD6 seems low.
• Check the volume levels on your device's OS and music player app.
• Also check the volume level of your HD6.
Sound through one speaker only.
• Check speaker wire connections from the left (powered) speaker to the right (passive) speaker. Confirm by removing the speaker wire from on each speaker and reconnecting.
• Check that the cables from your audio sources to the HD6 are properly connected. Confirm by unplugging the audio cables and reconnecting.
• Check your music player app and/or OS audio controls to ensure that the audio balance is centered.
Lack of bass or poor imaging
• Check speaker wire polarity by verifying that the wires are going to same terminals on both speakers.
• Make sure the speakers are not too close to a wall or other obstruction, which could limit bass output.
• Check the EQ or sound settings on your audio source.
If sound is distorted
• Decrease the volume level of the audio input source and increase the volume of the speakers.
Remote control is not working or the remote range is reduced.
• Make sure nothing is blocking the remote receiver, which is in the left speaker.
• Check the remote battery to be sure it is installed correctly.
• Replace the battery.