The Perfect Audio Upgrade! Real speakers for all your music.
DALLAS, TX – June 25, 2009 – Audioengine today announced the release of the Audioengine P4 Premium Passive Bookshelf Speakers.
The Audioengine P4 (AP4) is a high-performance bookshelf speaker pair with the same great looks and sound as Audioengine’s award-winning powered speakers. Beautiful, small, and affordable, AP4 is the perfect choice for your living room, bedroom or office and an ideal surround speaker for use with other Audioengine speakers in your home theater or stereo system.
“The goal was to design a small but powerful bookshelf speaker for people that already have receivers or amps and are looking for the same Audioengine sound and quality in a passive loudspeaker.” explained Dave Evans, Audioengine co-founder. “The AP4’s work great with Class D desktop amplifiers, stereo receivers and tube amplifiers.”
The AP4 passive speakers are full-sounding bookshelf speakers in a small satellite-sized package. The AP4 has excellent bass response for its size, which is obvious when it’s used either as stereo speakers or satellite surrounds. AP4 sounds great sitting on stands, on a bookshelf, or mounted on a wall using the integrated threaded inserts, which are compatible with most wall or ceiling mounting systems.
“We designed the AP4 to share a similar voicing and tuning with our active speakers so you’re assured a matched system no matter which speakers or our wireless products you add to your system.” said Brady Bargenquast, Audioengine co-founder.
Audioengine P4 (AP4) Premium Passive Bookshelf Speakers – The Perfect Audio Upgrade! Real speakers for all your music.
- 4″ 2-way passive, front ported design
- Hand-built and custom finished cabinets
- 5-way gold-plated binding posts
- Silk dome tweeters and Kevlar woofers
- Excellent performance for music and movies
- Wall mount, stand or shelf placement
- (2) AP4 Passive Speakers
- (2) Drawstring Cloth Speaker Bags
- (2) High-density foam isolation pads (attached)
- Setup Guide
- Type: 2-way passive, front ported design
- Sensitivity: 88dB (2.83v@1m)
- Frequency Response: 58Hz-22kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 4-8 Ohms
- Crossover Frequency: 2.8 kHz
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 10-125W per channel
- Tweeter: 3/4″ (20mm) silk dome with neodymium magnets
- Woofer: 4″ (101mm) Kevlar cone
- Enclosure: 3/4″ MDF
- Inputs: Gold-plated, 5-way binding posts
- Magnetically Shielded
- Weight each: 2.75 kg (6 lbs)
- Total shipping weight: 6.5 kg (14 lbs)
- Dimensions each (HxWxD): 228x140x165mm (9×5.5×6.5″)
- Shipping box dims (HxWxD): 330x460x228mm (13x18x9″)
- Finish Options: Satin Black, Hi-Gloss White, Solid Carbonized Bamboo
Pricing and Availability
The Audioengine P4 (AP4) Premium Passive Bookshelf Speakers start from US$249 per pair and are available from an authorized Audioengine reseller or online direct from www.audioengineusa.com
Audioengine designs and builds innovative audio products with all your music in mind. Great sound, simple setup, and truly useful features at great prices are what Audioengine is all about. Our speakers and wireless products have received dozens of reviews and awards from computer enthusiasts as well as demanding audiophiles. For more information about Audioengine and our products visit us at: www.audioengineusa.com